January – March In US History
What do you know about
January – March In US History?
Try this The
Year In US History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the page.
1) On January 3, who had proceedings televised for the first time.
- White House
- Supreme Court
Who is an aspiring actress nicknamed the "Black Dahlia", found
brutally murdered in a vacant lot in Los Angeles on January 15? The case remains unsolved to this day.
- Becky Green
- Alice Baker
- Robin Roberts
3) On February 3, who becomes the first
African-American news correspondent allowed in the United States
House of Representatives and Senate press galleries?
- Robert Short
- Gary Collins
- Percival Prattis
- John Jacobs
4) What begins to transmit radio broadcasts into
Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union on February 17?
- The Big Picture
- Protecting the American Scene
- The Voice of America
5) Where on February 20, did an explosion
at the O'Connor Electro-Plating Company, leaves 17 dead, 100
buildings damaged, and a 22-foot-deep crater in the ground?
- Los Angeles, California
- San Francisco, California
- Chicago, Illinois
6) On February 20, what was the
Ordnance Corps Hermes project rocket Blossom I that launched into
space carrying plant material and fruit flies, the first animals to
7) In New York City,
what organization does Edwin Land demonstrate the first "instant
camera", his Polaroid Land Camera, to a meeting on February 21?
- Landscape Photography of America
- American Society of Vision
- Optical Society of America
- Vision Technology Organization
Who does the United States, on February 28, grant a military base
What is the first completely air-conditioned warship, that is
launched in Newport News, Virginia on March 6?
- The USS Newport
- The USS Richmond
- The USS Norfolk
- The USS Jamestown
10) On March 19, The 19th Academy Awards ceremony is held. What
movie wins the Academy Award for Best Picture, along with several
other Academy Awards?
- Singin' in the Rain
- Best Years of
- Sunset Boulevard
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
11) On March 25, in a coal mine explosion in Centralia, Illinois,
how many miners are killed?
- 11 miners
- 51 miners
- 222 miners