January–June In US History
What do you know about
January–June In US History?
Try this The
Year In US History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the page.
1) What theatre did a revised and streamlined revival
of Kern and Hammerstein's Show Boat open on January 6 on Broadway?
- Ziegfeld Theatre
- Rockefeller Center
- Seinfeld Theatre
- Park Central Theatre
2) The United Mine Workers rejoins what labor
organization on January 25?
- Congress of Industrial Organizations
- American Federation of Labor
- Union of Labor
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union
3) When was the Central Intelligence Group
established (the CIA in 1947)?
- January 27
- January 28
- January 29
- January 30
4) On February 14, ENIAC (for "Electronic Numerical Integrator and
Computer"), the first general-purpose electronic computer, is
unveiled at what university?
- New York University
- Princeton University
- University of Pennsylvania
5) In Philadelphia, what corporation’s strikers and police clash
on February 28?
- General Electric
6) In his speech at Westminster College, in Fulton, Missouri on
March 5, what does Winston Churchill talk about?
- World War 2
- Iron Curtain
- Jennie Jerome
- Space Race
7) Who signs an
agreement, on March 6, with France which recognizes Vietnam as an
autonomous state in the Indochinese Federation and the French
- Mao Tzu Tung
- Douglas MacArthur
- Ho Chi Minh
8) What ceremony is held on March 7?
- The 18th Grammy
- The 18th Emmy Awards
- The 18th Pulitzer Awards
18th Academy Awards
9) Born on March 13, who was the
American-born commander of the elite Israeli army commando unit Sayeret Matkal, killed during Operation Entebbe (died 1976)?
- Yonatan Netanyahu
- Benjamin Netanyahu
- Rosh HaMemshala
- Yitzhak Rabin
10) How many are killed on April
1, when a 46-foot high tsunami strikes Hilo and Laupāhoehoe on the
Big Island of Hawaii; many are killed and thousands injured?
11) What country does the United
States recognize Josip Broz Tito's government on April 18?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
On April 23, the Eastern Pennsylvania Basketball League is
founded. What is the league now known as?
13) On April 23, Howard Hughes's Western movie The Outlaw,
starring Jane Russell, goes on general release. What is the
movie’s original release date?
- February 5, 1943
- February 5,
- February 5, 1945
- February 25, 1943
14) What day was
the Basketball Association of America is formed in New York City?
- May 6
- June 6
- July 6
15) Where does a
tornado hit on June 17 that kills 17 people?
- Madison Creek
- Simpson Creek
- Detroit River
- Ohio River
16) On June 17, Henry V opens in the United
States nearly 2 years after its release in England. It is
the first Shakespeare film in color, and critics hail it as the
finest film of a Shakespeare play ever made. Who is the
- Richard Burton
- Ted Anderson
- Johnny Depp
- Laurence Olivier