1941 (Jan-Feb) In The United States
What do you know about
(Jan-Feb) In The United States?
Try this The Year In
The United States Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at
the end of the page.
The short subject is released, on January 4, marking the second
appearance of Bugs Bunny, and also the first to have his name on a
What is the title of the short subject?
- Elmer Fudd’s Magnificent Adventure?
- Elmer's Pet Rabbit
- What’s Up Doc?
2) The keel of a US battleship is laid at the New York Navy
Yard in Brooklyn on January 6.
What is the name of the
- USS Iowa
- USS Missouri
- USS Wyoming
3) Lend-Lease is introduced, on January 10, into the U.S.
4) All persons born in this US Commonwealth
since this day are declared U.S. citizens by birth, through U.S.
federal law 8 U.S.C. § 1402 on January 13
What is the
- Puerto Rico
5) On January 20, Chief Justice Charles Evans
Hughes swears in U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
What term was this for President Roosevelt?
- Second term
- Third term
- Fourth term
6) Who testifies before the U.S.
Congress and recommends that the United States negotiate a
neutrality pact with Adolf Hitler on January 23?
- Charles Lindbergh
- Edward R. Murrow
- Thomas J. Davisson
7) U.S. Ambassador to Japan Joseph C. Grew
passes on January 27, to Washington a rumor overheard at a
diplomatic reception about a planned surprise attack upon Pearl
8) When is the United Service Organization (USO)
created to entertain American troops?
- February 2
- February 4
- February 6
9) The U.S. House of Representatives passes
the Lend-Lease Act on February 8.
What was the vote?
10) Who on February 9, in a worldwide
broadcast, asks the United States to show its support by sending
arms to the British: "Give us the tools, and we will finish the
- Winston Churchill
- Noël Coward
- King George V
11) When does Admiral Kichisaburo Nomura begin his
duties as Japanese ambassador to the United States?
- February 4
- February 14
- February 24