1965 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of 1965 In
Major League Baseball.
Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
On January 31, 1965, what Pitcher is chosen for Hall of Fame
induction by the Special Veterans Committee.
- Pud Galvin
- Matt Reynolds
- Henry Williams
2) On April 12, the first official game at the
Houston Astrodome is played in front of over 43,000 fans.
Who defeats the host Astros, 2–0?
- Atlanta Braves
- New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies
3) August 30, Casey Stengel announces his
retirement as manager of the New York Mets, ending a fifty-five
year career as player and manager. He is the only person to have
played for or managed all four of New York's Major League clubs.
4) Who was the National Leagues Most Valuable Player
and lead the league with 52 home runs?
- Willie Mays
- Rick Monday
- Red O’Neil
5) Tony Olivia, Minnesota Twins, Shortstop was
American Leagues Most Valuable Player.
6) Who was the 1965 Cy Young Award winner?
- Mudcat Grant
- Sandy Koufax
- Sam McDowell
7) How many stolen bases did Maury Wills of the Los
Angeles Dodgers have?
8) What team won the 1965 National League Pennant?
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Francisco Giants
- Pittsburgh Pirates
9) What team won the 1965 American League Pennant?
- Baltimore Orioles
- Minnesota Twins
- Chicago White Sox
10) On December 9, 1965, who is released by the
Cincinnati Reds. He will soon be signed by the Baltimore Orioles,
and will win the MVP Award in the American League next year?
- Johnny Bench
- Joe Morgan
- Frank Robinson