1892 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1892 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) On March 4 following the collapse of the American Association,
the National League holds its first meeting. They decide to split
1892 into two halves, with the winners to meet in a championship
series following the regular season.
2) Who won the first half National League championship in
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Beaneaters
- Louisville Colonels
- New York Giants
3) Who won the second half National
League championship in 1982?
- Brooklyn Grooms
- Cleveland Spiders
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates
4) Who becomes the first president to
attend a game while in office when he watched the Cincinnati Reds
defeat the Washington Senators 7-4 in 11 innings on June 2?
- Grover Cleveland
- Benjamin Harrison
- William McKinley
- Theodore Roosevelt
5) Jack Stivetts throws a no-hitter for the
Boston Beaneaters in an 11-0 victory over the Brooklyn Grooms.
6) Who is the Louisville Colonels pitcher
that hurls a no-hitter in a 6-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles.
- Hal Janvrin
- Braggo Roth
- Ben Sanders
- Roy Wood
7) On September 21, who is the Cleveland
Spiders pitcher that records his 300th career win.
- Ed Appleton
- John Clarkson
- Wilbur Cooper
- Harry Weaver
8) On the last day of the season, October 15,
Cinders O'Brien, of the Cincinnati Reds makes his major league
debut with a 7-1 no-hitter against Pittsburgh, becoming the second
pitcher to hurl a no-hitter in his first start.
9) Statistics for the first 154-game season show
that Dan Brouthers of the Brooklyn Grooms was the top hitter.
What was Brouthers batting average?
10) Rollie Naylor of the Cleveland Spiders the
best pitcher with a 36-11 record and a .766 winning percentage.