2001 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
2001 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) On January 16, outfielders Dave Winfield and
Kirby Puckett are elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in their
first year on the ballot.
2) On January 26, who signs as a Free Agent with the
Texas Rangers? (The ten year
contract worth $252 million is the most lucrative contract in
sports history. The deal is worth $63 million more than the
second-richest baseball deal.)
- Derek Jetter
- Chipper Jones
- Alex Rodriguez
- Matt Williams
3) Second baseman Bill Mazeroski and Negro League pitcher Hilton Smith are elected to the
Hall of Fame by the Veterans Committee on March 6, 2001.
4) Who was the Hall of Fame third baseman for the
Braves in Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta who retired with 512 home
runs, sixth most in history, hitting 40 four times and leding NL
twice that died on February 18?
- Crash Davis
- Chief Hogsett
- Eddie Mathews
- Hank Soar
5) Barry Bonds was the 2001 National
League’s Most Valuable Player. Who was the American League’s Most
- Albert Belle
- Jose Hernandez
- Andruw Jones
- Ichiro Suzuki
6) The 2001 American League’s Cy Young Award goes
to Roger Clemens. Who got the 2001 National League’s Cy Young
- Tom Glavin
- Randy Johnson
- Bob Marley
7) Ichiro Suzuki was the 2001 American League’s Rookie
of the Year. Who was the 2001 National League’s Rookie of the Year?
- Stephen Drew
- Page Johnson
- Albert Pujols
- Mark Reynolds
8) The 2001 National League’s Manager of the
Year Award goes to Larry Bowa. Who got the 2001
American League’s Manager of the Year Award?
- Bob Brenly
- Lou Piniella
- Many Sanchez
- Joe Torre
9) Ichiro Suzuki and Larry Walker both led
their league with identical batting averages. What
was their batting average?
10) On August 31, 2001, Crash Davis, 82,
infielder for the Philadelphia Athletics from 1940-42 whose name
was given to Kevin Costner's character in Bull Durham died.
What was his given name?
- Lawrence Columbus Davis
- Robert Wuhl Davis
- Ronald Shelton Davis
- Max Patkin Davis