1910 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1910 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) Hugh Chalmers of Chalmers Automobile
announced he would present a Chalmers Model 30 automobile to the
player with the highest batting average in Major League Baseball
at the end of the season. Ty Cobb and Nap Lajoie where given
2) Who led the American League in hitting with a .384
- Ty Cobb
- Lou Gehrig
- Map Lajoie
- Babe Ruth
3) Sherry Magee of the Philadelphia Phillies had the highest
National League batting average hitting .331 in 1910.
4) Both the American and National League home
run leders hit 10 home runs each. Who did
NOT hit 10 home runs in 1910?
- Bitie Baker
- Fred Beck
- Frank Schulte
- Jake Stahl
5) Sherry Magee led the National League in
runs batted in (RBI) with 123. Who led the American
League with 120?
- Tex Avery
- Slick Coffman
- Sam Crawford
- George Stumpf
6) Pitcher Jack Coombs led the American
League with 31 wins. Who led the National League
with 27 wins?
- Bill Brenzel
- Bill Dietrich
- Christy Mathewson
- Chris Matthews
7) Pitcher Ed Walsh of the Chicago White Sox
had a earned run average (ERA) of 1.27 to led the American
League. Who had the best ERA in the National League
with a 1.80 ERA?
- King Cole
- Flip Lafferty
- Harry Staley
- Sam Wise
8) Pitcher Earl Moore of the National League
led the league with 185 strikeouts. Walter Johnson of the
Washington Senators led the American League. What
was Johnson’s strikeout total?
9) Who was the major league pitcher born on January 16,
- Dizzy Dean
- Johnny Dickshot
- Bob Logan
- Dib Williams
10) On September 17, Detroit Tigers pitcher Ed
Summers, a notoriously poor hitter, bounces two home runs into the
stands in a 10 - 3 victory over the Philadelphia Athletics. The
two homers, both off Harry Krause, will comprise his career total.