1890 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1890 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) On January 9, 1890, the Brooklyn Gladiators
are admitted to the American Association, joining Toledo,
Rochester and Syracuse as new members.
2) When does the National League release its 1890
- February 6, 1890
- February 26, 1890
- March 1, 1890
- March 6, 1890
3) What league begins play on April 17, 1890?
- American Association
- American League
- Canadian National Association
- Florida League
4) On April 19, the National League and the
Players' League both open their seasons with directly conflicting
games. Both leagues will inflate attendance figures all
season in an effort to influence public opinion.
5) Who is the future hall of fame player, that begins
his career on April 19 with the Cleveland Spiders?
- George Davis
- Mel Kantor
- Morgan J. O'Brien
- John Montgomery Ward
6) Who led the 1890 National League in hitting with a
.336 batting average?
- John Albert
- Jim Costello
- Pat Garrett
- Jack Glasscock
7) Chicago Colts pitcher, Bill Hutchison, led
the 1890 National League in wins.
How many wins did
8) On September 14, who begins his long managerial
career when he takes over as interim manager of the Buffalo Bisons
of the Players' League?
- John Albertson
- Connie Mack
- John Rogers
- Butch Zinn
9) on September 30, The Brooklyn Bridegrooms clinch the
National League pennant.
10) Who was NOT
born in 1890?
- Casey Stengel
- Baby Doll Jacobson
- Davy Ray White
- Possum Whitted