New York Yankees: 1901 Season (Baltimore Orioles)
your baseball knowledge of the New York Yankees: 1901 Season
Get up to bat in this
FANatical About Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) In 1901, who owned the team?
- Calvin Chan
- John Calvin
- Malcolm Ford
- Ernest T. Bass
2) Tugg McGraw was the teams manager.
3) Their first game in the American League was Friday,
April 26, 1901. Who did the play and beat 10-6?
- Chicago White Stockings
- Boston Americans
- Detroit Tigers
- Philadelphia Athletics
4) Who pitched for the team in 48 games, 382 innings
pitched, with a won-loss record of 26-20?
- Joe McGinnity
- Jerry Nops
- Crazy Schmit
- Stan Yerkes
5) The Most Runs Scored in a game on Monday, Jun
24 against the Detroit Tigers. How many runs were
6) Their Longest Winning Streak was 11 games from
Tuesday, Jun 18 to Monday, Jul 1
7) Amzie Beal (Chappie) Snodgrass played for the
Baltimore Orioles in the 1901 season. In three games, he had
one hit in ten at-bats.
8) In 1901, Mike Dolin played for the Orioles.
In 121 games, he hit .340. After playing baseball,
what career path did he take?
- Medical doctor
9) On Saturday, Sep 28 their season ends against the
Detroit Tigers in a loss. What was the score?
10) The Baltimore Orioles' 1901 season finished with a
record of 68-65. What place did they finish in the American