Chicago White Sox: The Early Years
your baseball knowledge of the Chicago
The Early Years. Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The team began as the minor league Cornhuskers and played in the
Western League. What was the city?
- Sioux City
- Kansas City
- Dodge City
- Iowa City
2) Who bought the Cornhuskers team and transferred it to
Saint Paul, Minnesota, where it enjoyed some success over the next
- John Daley
- Charles Comiskey
- Pete Fountain
- Elliott Ness
3) Where year did they move from Saint Paul, Minnesota to
4) There were eight charter teams in 1901, the
league's first year as a major league. Who was
NOT an American League charter team?
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Americans
- Cleveland Blues
- Kansas City Royals
5) Who was the manager of the 1901 Chicago White
- Bill Polan
- Henry Morgan
- Clark Griffith
- Earl Morale
6) In 1901, where did the Chicago White Stockings play
their home games?
- Weber Stadium
- Bush Field
- South Side Park
- North Side Park
7) May 9, 1901: Earl Moore of the Cleveland Blues
threw the first no-hitter in the history of the American League.
Chicago beat the Blues by a score of 4-2 despite not having one
8) Who in 133 games, with 521 at bats,
hit .311 for Chicago?
- Pop Foster
- Dummy Hoy
- Fielder Jones
- Herm McFarland
9) How many Chicago White Stockings games
did they win in 1901?
10) The last game of the 1901 season was on
September 27 at the Washington Senators. Chicago beat Washington 6