Reds: 2009 Season
your baseball knowledge of the
Cincinnati Reds: 2009 Season?
Get up to bat in this
FANatical About Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
For the second year, the Reds were managed by George "Sparky"
2) On Monday, April 6, 2009, the Reds home opener
the season at Great American Ball Park.
Who did the
- Chicago Cubs
- Houston Astros
- NY Mets
- Washington Nationals
3) In 131 games with 544 at bats, and 25 home runs, who
led the Reds with a .322 batting average?
- Ted Arajuo
- Clint Bodie
- Bob Morgan
- Joey Votto
4) How many games did Reds pitcher, Bronson Arroyo pitch
5) Reds Pitcher, Aaron Harang led the team in
How many batters did Harang
6) On March 31, 2009, the Reds traded Jeff
Keppinger to the Houston Astros. They received a player to
be named later. [The Houston Astros sent Drew Sutton (April 16,
2009) to the Cincinnati Reds to complete the trade.]
7) The Reds longest losing streak was 8 games
from Tuesday, July 28 to Tuesday, August 4.
the Reds beat on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 to end the losing
- Atlanta Braves
- Chicago Cubs
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates
8) Who did the Reds traded to the New York Yankees and got
minor league player Chase Weems on July 31, 2009.
- Buddy Baker
- Jerry Hairston
- Ben Johnson
- Jason Rose
9) On August 14, 2009 the Reds traded Kris Negron
and cash to the Boston Red Sox. They got Alex Gonzalez.
10) In 2009, where did the Reds place in
the National League Central?