Texas Rangers: The Early Years
your baseball knowledge of the Texas
The Early Years. Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
When the original Washington Senators moved to Minnesota in 1960
as the Twins, Major League Baseball decided to expand a year
earlier than planned to stave off threats of losing its antitrust
2) The first season of the new Washington
Senators, where did the play?
- Griffith Stadium
- Redskin Field
- Roosevelt Park
- Potomac Stadium
3) Who was the Senator’s first pick in the 1960 Major
League Baseball expansion draft?
- Tex Clevenger
- Bobby Shantz
- Buck Rodgers
- Bob Bass
4) Who was the manager of the 1961 Washington Senators?
- Rollie Hemsley
- Sid Hudson
- George Susce
- Mickey Vernon
5) Dick Donovan pitches the home opener for the
1961 Washington Senators? What as his season
6) What was the 1961 Washington Senators longest winning
- 5 games
- 10 games
- 15 games
- 20 games
7) What was the 1961 Washington Senators longest losing
- 4 games
- 14 games
- 24 games
- 34 games
8) On Sunday, Oct 1, who did the 1961 Washington Senators
- Chicago White Sox
- Detroit Tigers
- New York Yankees
- Kansas City Athletics
9) In 110 games, who had 342 at bats and
a .311 batting average?
- Marty Keough
- Jim King
- Willie Tasby
- Gene Woodling
10) October 5, 1961: Dick Donovan, Gene Green,
and Jim Mahoney were traded by the Senators to the Cleveland
Indians for Jimmy Piersall.
11) What year did the Washington
Senators move to Dallas-Ft. Worth and become the Texas Rangers?