Test your baseball knowledge of Walter
Alston. Get up to bat in this
FUN Baseball Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) He letters three years in both basketball and
baseball and is a member of the University's Hall of Fame.
What university does he graduate from?
- Miami University of Ohio
- University of Ohio
- Ohio State University
2) What position does he play in the
- First base
- Third base
- Right field
3) How many seasons does Alston play in
- 1 season
- 3 seasons
- 10 seasons
4) In the minor league Alston is
a manager, including a stint as the player-manager, for the first
U.S.-based integrated baseball team after 1898, in the class-B New
What is the name of the team?
- Nashua Dodgers
- Montreal Royals
- Dartmouth Rangers
5) In 1954, what major league team does
Alston become the manager?
- Washington Senators
- New York Yankees
- Brooklyn Dodgers
6) Alston wins seven National
League pennants in his 23 years tenure as Dodgers manager.
How many World Series does he win?
7) In 1955 Alston led Brooklyn to
the pennant and its only World Series championship.
- NY Yankees
- Chicago White Soxs
- Philadelphia Athletics
8) How many seasons does he manage the
9) How many times is Alston named Manager
of the Year?
10) Where is Walter Alston buried?
- Fraternity Cemetery, Philippi, West
- Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City,
- Darrtown Cemetery, Darrtown, Ohio