New York Mets: 2009 Season
your baseball knowledge of the
New York Mets:
2009 Season. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
On April 3, 2009, the Mets signed outfielder Gary Sheffield after
being released by the Detroit Tigers.
2) On Monday, April 6, 2009 the Mets open the
season at Great American Ball Park against the Cincinnati Reds.
The Mets won 2-1. Who was the Mets pitcher with the
- Sean Green
- J.J. Putz
- Francisco Rodriguez
- Johan Santana
3) It was the franchise's 48th season, and the
team's first year at Citi Field, which opened on April 13.
Who did the Mets play on April 13, 2009?
- Florida Marlins
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Diego Padres
- San Francisco Giants
4) Carlos Beltran was the team leader in batting
average. What was his 2009 batting average?
- .302 batting average
- .306 batting average
- .307 batting average
- .325 batting average
5) Dan Murphy was the 2009 Mets team leader in
home runs. How many home runs did he slug?
- 12 home runs
- 22 home runs
- 32 home runs
- 42 home runs
6) Third baseman David Wright
was the team leader in RBIs. How many runs batted in
(RBI) did Wright have?
- 72 RBIs
- 82 RBIs
- 92 RBIs
- 102 RBIs
7) Beginning on Sunday, September 13 to Friday,
September 18, the Mets had their longest losing streak at 6 games.
On September 19 they beat the Washington Nationals 3 - 2 to end
8) On August 23, the Mets became the first team
in National League history to fall victim to a game-ending
unassisted triple play, turned by Eric Bruntlett of the
Philadelphia Phillies at Citi Field in the bottom of the 9th
9) On Sunday, October 4, 2009 at Citi Field the
Mets played the Houston Astros. Mets pitcher Nelson Figueroa
pitched a complete game shutout 4-0. Who was the Met
player to hit 4 for 4 with a single, two doubles, and a triple?
- Jeff Francoeur
- Fernando Martinez
- Angel Pagan
- Jeremy Reed
10) What did the Mets finish in the National League East?
- Second place
- Third place
- Fourth place
- Fifth place