Los Angeles Dodgers: 1884 Season (Brooklyn Atlantics)
your baseball knowledge of Los Angeles Dodgers
: 1884 Season (Brooklyn Atlantics). Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
In 1884, Charles Byrne moved the team into the American Association,
renaming them the Atlantics in tribute to the old National Association
Brooklyn Atlantics team. In 1883, what was the name of the
Brooklyn baseball team?
- Brooklyn Grays
- Camden Merritts
- Pottsville Anthracites
- Wilmington Quicksteps
2) Who was the manager of the 1884 Brooklyn Atlantics?
- George Taylor
- Harry Taylor
- Robert Taylor
- Thomas Taylor
3) What was the name of the baseball park where Brooklyn played
their home games?
- Ebbets Field
- Jefferson Field
- Washington Park
4) Oscar Walker lead the Atlantics
in hitting with a .270 average during the 1884 season.
5) Who did NOT lead the team in home runs with 3?
- Jerry Dorgan
- Bill Greenwood
- Charlie Householder
6) Atlantics pitcher Adonis Terry led the team in wins
with 19. How many games did he lose?
What was the longest winning streak for the 1884 Atlantics?
- 6 games
- 8 games
- 12 games
8) The Atlantics open
the 1884 season on May 1 in an away game, losing 12-0. Who did the
- Baltimore Orioles
- New York Metropolitans
- Pittsburgh Alleghenys
- Washington Nationals
9) The Atlantics
begin their longest losing streak with a lose to Pittsburgh on
Thursday, July 24, 1884. In a win against Baltimore, what day did
the end the losing streak?
- Saturday, August 2, 1884
August 4, 1884
- Wednesday, August 6, 1884
- Thursday, August
10) The Brooklyn Atlantics end the season in ninth