Los Angeles Dodgers (The
your baseball knowledge of Los Angeles Dodgers (The LA Years). Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Los Angeles Dodgers played their first game in LA, defeating the former
New York and now new San Francisco Giants, 6-5, before 78,672 fans at
the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
was the date?
April 18, 1957
April 1, 1958
April 18, 1958
2) The Dodgers played their home games at the Los Angeles Memorial
Coliseum, a gargantuan football and track-and-field stadium that had
been built to host the 1932 Summer Olympics.
was Dodger Stadium
3) During the 1960s, the Cy Young award was given to the best
pitcher from either league. In 5 years, Dodger pitchers won 4 awards.
Don Drysdale was one pitcher.
Who was the other?
4) From 1960 to 1965, who
was the league stolen base winner?
5) For 23 years, beginning in 1954, the Dodgers had been managed by
, a quiet and unflappable man who commanded great respect from his
players. His tenure is the third-longest in baseball history for a
manager with a single team.
Who was the manager?
6) From 1973 to 1981, longer than any other infield foursome in
baseball history, the core of the team was now the infield, composed of
Steve Garvey and Davey Lopes.
Who was NOT
a member of the team?
7) What Dodger
pitcher became the only pitcher ever to be named
Rookie of the Year and win the Cy Young Award in the same season?
8) On 3 July 2007, Dodgers management announced that total franchise
attendance, dating back to 1901, had reached a record for all
What is the total?
9) Who has been a Dodger broadcaster from 1950?
10. Beginning in 2008, who is the Dodger's manager?