your baseball knowledge of Arizona Diamondbacks: 2000 Season. Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
On March 20, 2000, who was signed as a Free Agent with the Arizona
- Jason Conti
- Craig Counsell
- Hanley Frias
- Lenny Harris
2) Who lead the 2000 Diamondbacks with 35 home runs?
- Danny Bautista
- Steve Finley
- Luis Gonzalez
- Matt Williams
3) Who was the starter at first base and hit .313 in 116
- Greg Colbrunn
- Mark Grace
- Manny Motta
- Gene Rogeers
4) Randy Johnson tied a modern record with six
victories in April 2000. He would lead the league in strikeouts
with 347 and in winning percentage. Johnson won his third Cy
Young Award, and became the third National League pitcher to win
the trophy in consecutive seasons. Johnson recorded his
3000th strikeout on September 10, 2000, as he whiffed Florida
Marlins' third baseman. Who was the player he
- James Allen
- Mike Lowell
- Mark Reynolds
- Alex Rojas
5) June 5, 2000: Brandon Webb was drafted by the
Arizona Diamondbacks in the 8th round of the 2000 amateur draft.
Player signed June 6, 2000.
6) July 26, 2000: Tom Glavin was traded by the
Philadelphia Phillies to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Omar Daal,
Nelson Figueroa, Travis Lee, and Vicente Padilla.
7) What was the longest winning streak?
- 5 games
- 7 games
- 9 games
- 13 games
8) On Tuesday, Apr 4, 2000, the Diamondback open
the season against the Phillies in a home game.
Randy Johnson gets the win, who is the relief pitcher with the
- Jim Ashby
- Darren Holmes
- Lyndon Manors
- Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
9) On Friday, Jul 28, Curt Shilling pitched his
first Diamondback�s victory in a 4-1 game. Who did
the Diamondback�s beat?
- Boston Red Sox
- Florida Marlins
- New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies
10) Who did the Diamondback play on their
season ending game on Sunday, Oct 1 with a 11-4 loss.
- Colorado Rockies
- LA Dodgers
- San Diego Padres
- SF Giants