your baseball knowledge of the Chicago
2009 Season. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The Chicago Cubs' 2009 season was the 108th season of American
baseball for the Chicago Cubs in the National League.
2) The Chicago Cubs radio broadcasting team was
anchored by veteran announcers Pat Hughes and Ron Santo.
Hughes provides the play-by play-announcer while Santo serves as
the color commentator. How many years had Hughes and
Santo teamed up as a broadcasting team?
- 5 years
- 10 years
- 15 years
- 20 years
3) On Monday, April 6, 2009 the Cubs open the
season at Minute Maid Park against the Houston Astros.
Who hit the Cubs first 2009 home run in the first inning
off Houston starting pitcher Roy Oswald?
- Kosuke Fukudome
- Kevin Gregg
- Derrek Lee
- Alfonso Soriano
4) On Monday, April 13, 2009 the Cubs play their
home opener at Wrigley Field against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
They won the game, 4 - 0.
5) Aramis Ramirez was the team leader in highest
batting average. What was his average?
- .307 batting average
- .317 batting average
- .327 batting average
- .337 batting average
6) Derek Lee lead the team in home runs. How
many home runs did Lee slug?
- 25 home runs
- 30 home runs
- 35 home runs
- 40 home runs
7) Ted Lilly and Randy Wells tie for the team
leader in wins. How many wins did each player pitch?
- 12 wins each
- 16 wins each
- 18 wins each
- 20 wins each
8) The Cubs pitching staff threw 1,272
strikeouts. Who lead the team with 172 strikeouts?
- Mitch Atkins
- Ryan Dempster
- Chad Fox
- Jason Waddell
9) On Sunday, October 4, 2009 the regular season
ends with a game at Wrigley Field against the Arizona
Diamondbacks. Who hits a double to centerfield off
D-backs starter Doug Davis in the bottom of the seventh inning,
the last regular season hit?
- Sam Fuld
- Kovie Hill
- Reed Johnson
- Bobby Scales
10) What place did the 2009 Chicago Cubs reach in the
National League Central?
- First place
- Second place
- Third place
- Fourth place