Chicago Cubs: 1871 Season (White Stockings)
your baseball knowledge of the Chicago
1871 Season (White Stockings). Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
With the debut of the first professional baseball league, the
National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, the
Chicago franchise joined up as the "White Stockings."
2) Who was the team owner?
- Bill Doolins
- George Gage
- Abe Grant
- Martin Reynolds
3) Who was the manager?
- Jack Albertson
- Ira Hayes
- Marlin James
- Jimmy Wood
4) George Zettlein was the starting pitcher with
a 18 wins - 9 losses season.
5) Fred Treacey lead the team in home runs. How many did
he hit in the 1871 season?
6) Where did the Chicago team play their home games?
- Chicago Field
- Dexter Park
- Forbes Field
- Union Base-Ball Grounds
7) Chicago opens the 1871 season on Monday, May 8. Who did
- Cleveland Forest Citys
- Fort Wayne Kekiongas
- Rockford Forest Citys
- Troy Haymakers
8) What was the longest winning streak?
- 7 games
- 9 games
- 11 games
- 13 games
9) What was the 1871’s season record?
10) Who did NOT
in the infield for the 1871 Chicago team?
- Ed Duffy
- Bub McAtee
- Ed Pinkham
- Red Collins
11) The Great Chicago Fire of October 8 destroyed
Union Base-Ball Grounds and all the club's possessions. After
fulfilling its 1871 obligations by playing on the road, the club
did not field a team for the next two seasons, and the ballpark
was not rebuilt.