St. Louis Cardinals: 1882 Season (Brown Stockings)
your baseball knowledge of the St. Louis Cardinals:
1882 Season (Brown Stockings). Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Christian Friedrich (or Frederick) Wilhelm von der
Ahe was a German-American entrepreneur, best known as the owner of the
St. Louis Brown Stockings of the American Association, now known as the
St. Louis Cardinals.
2) Who was the team’s manager?
- Nat Bundy
- Norman Caylor
- Bobby Cox
- Ned Cuthbert
3) The Brown Stockings played at Cardinal’s Park.
4) Who lead the team in hitting with a .288 batting
- Charles Comiskey
- Jack Gleason
- Bill Gleason
- Bill Smiley
5) On Tuesday, May 2, St. Louis won the season
opener 9 - 7. Who did they play?
- Baltimore Orioles
- Louisville Eclipse
- Philadelphia Athletics
- Pittsburg Alleghenys
6) Who was the St. Louis pitcher with 25 wins and 18
losses during the 1882 season?
- John Doyle
- Eddie Hogan
- Jumbo McGinnis
- John Schappert
7) What was the 1882 Brown Stockings longest winning
8) Charles Albert "The Old Roman" Comiskey was a
Major League Baseball player, manager and team owner. He was a key
person in the formation of the American League and later owned the
Chicago White Sox. Comiskey Park, Chicago's storied baseball
stadium, was built under his guidance and named for him. In 1882,
he was the starting first baseman for St. Louis.
9) In 1882, who lead the St. Louis in home runs with 7?
- Harry McCaffery
- Bobby Mitchell
- George Seward
- Oscar Walker
10) The Brown Stockings played in the American
Association where they posted a 37-43 record during the season and
finished in 5th place.