St. Louis Cardinals: Overview
your baseball knowledge of the St. Louis Cardinals:
Overview. Get up to bat in this
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) The Cardinals were founded in 1882 as a member of the
American Association. What was the team called?
- St. Louis Red Stockings
- St. Louis Black Stockings
- St. Louis Green Stockings
- St. Louis Brown Stockings
2) Where did the St. Louis team play their home games?
- Sportsman's Park
- Bush Stadium
- Boone’s Field
- Mississippi River Park
3) In 1882, who was
NOT a team in the American
- Louisville Eclipse
- New Orleans Saints
- Pittsburg Alleghenys
- Baltimore Orioles
4) In 1882, who played first base for the St. Louis team?
- Sleeper Sullivan
- Charles Comiskey
- Joe Crotty
- Bobby Mitchell
5) What year did the St. Louis team join the National
6) In 1899, what does the St. Louis team change its name
7) What year did they become the St. Louis Cardinals?
8) Who was the starting pitcher for the St. Louis team in
their first season with the name Cardinals?
- Cy Young
- Mark Reynolds
- Don Sutton
- Chris Short
9) The Cardinals begin the season playing in what stadium?
- Aarons Memorial Field
- League Park
- Beer World Park
- Riverfront Field
10) On May 22, 1900: Jack O'Connor was purchased
from the Cardinals by the Pittsburgh Pirates for $2,000.