Milwaukee Brewers: 1970 Season
your baseball knowledge of the
1970 Season. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Who owns the 1970 Milwaukee Brewers?
- Henry (Scoop) Jackson
- Warren Magnuson
- Bud Selig
- Dewey Soriano
2) What was the Brewers’ home field?
- Athletic Park
- Borchert Field
- Milwaukee Base-Ball Grounds
- Milwaukee County Stadium
3) Who was the team’s manager?
- Dave Bristol
- Roy McMillan
- Jackie Moore
- Wes Stock
4) Federal Bankruptcy Referee Sidney Volinn
declared the Pilots bankrupt on March 31 - seven days before
Opening Day - clearing the way for them to move to Milwaukee. The
team's equipment had been sitting in Provo, Utah with the drivers
awaiting word on whether to drive toward Seattle or Milwaukee.
5) Who lead the team that season with a .296 batting
- Bob Burda
- Tommy Harper
- Ted Kubiak
- Ted Savage
6) On Tuesday, Apr 7, the Brewers played their
first regular season game. Who did they play?
- California Angels
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- Oakland Athletics
7) Lew Krausse pitched 37 games and 216 innings
pitched. What was his won-los record?
8) On June 11, 1970, Steve Hovley was traded by
the Brewers to the Oakland Athletics for Al Downing and Tito
9) What was the 1970 Brewer’s longest losing streak?
- 5 games
- 9 games
- 11 games
- 15 games
10) The Brewers' finishing 2nd in the American
League West with a record of 97 wins and 65 losses, 1 games behind
the Minnesota Twins.