Greek Spinach Phyllo Squares
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 40 to 50 min.
Veggie Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. and butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
1) In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and cook until
onion are clear. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, spinach, parsley,
nutmeg, salt, black and red pepper, and onion.
3) Fit 1 layer of phyllo pastry into pan. Brush with olive oil.
4) Add 4 more sheets of phyllo, brushing with oil between each layer.
5) Spoon spinach mixture over plyllo. Cover spinach mixture with
another layer of phyllo and brush with oil.
6) Add 4 more sheets, brushing each layer with oil.
7) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
To cut down on the fat in this
recipe, used an olive oil spray in place of brushing the olive oil on
each layer of phyllo. When working with phyllo read the
direction on the box. It is important to keep the sheets covered
as you work because they become dry and brittle very quickly.
Page 1 of 1