Peas and Pods with Onion
Makes 6 (2/3-cup) servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 11 min
Tablespoon fresh buttery spread
- 1 large
onion, cut into thin wedges
package (10-ounce) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
package (6-ounce) frozen pea pods
- Salt (to
- Pepper (to
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is
softened (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add peas, broth, and tarragon. Continue cooking until mixture
comes to a boil (5 to 6 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until peas are almost
tender (3 minutes).
- Add pea pods. Increase heat to medium.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender (1 to 2 minutes).
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves.
Page 1 of 1