Broccoli & Peppers
In Browned Butter
Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
1) In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2) Cook, stirring constantly and watching
closely, for 4 to 6 minutes or until butter turns golden brown.
3) Remove from heat; stir in shallots,
garlic and vinegar. Set aside.
Place olive oil, broccoli, bell pepper, salt, and pepper in
12-inch deep skillet.
4) Cook over medium-high heat, stirring
occasionally, 3 minutes. Add water; reduce heat to medium.
5) Cover and continue cooking for 4 to 6
minutes or until broccoli is crisply tender. Remove from heat.
6) Stir browned butter mixture into
broccoli. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed, if desired.
Sesame seed that has been toasted can be purchased in the ethnic (Asian)
isle of the supermarket.
To toast sesame seed; place seeds in shallow baking
pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or
until lightly browned.