Grilled Vegetable Medley
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Grilling Time: 15 min.
- 1 - pound (24 spears) asparagus,
trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 - medium (1 cup) carrot, sliced
- 1 - medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 - medium (1 cup) red bell pepper,
cut into 1x1/4-inch strips
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 - teaspoons finely chopped fresh
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
Preheat gas grill on medium or
charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Place asparagus and carrot in 3-quart
saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Cook over high heat for 4 to 6 minutes
or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 to 6
minutes or until asparagus is crisply tender. Drain.
- Place grilling basket onto grill; add
cooked asparagus and carrot and all remaining ingredients.
- Grill, stirring often, for 13 to 15
minutes or until vegetables are crisply tender.
Stove Top Directions:
In a 10-inch skillet or wok, heat
1 tablespoon oil in 10-inch skillet or wok; add carrot, onion, bell
pepper, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over
medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add asparagus. Continue
cooking, stirring often, for 8 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are
* Substitute 1 teaspoon dried oregano