Prep Time: 20 min.
- 1 - bag (16 ounces) broccoli slaw
- 1 - small jicama, peeled and cut
into julienne strips (2 cups)
- 3 - oranges
- 1 - small red onion, cut in half
and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2/3 - cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 - Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 - teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons grated orange
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, mix broccoli slaw
- Peel oranges with sharp paring
knife; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut each slice into fourths.
- Add oranges, onion and cilantro to
- In tightly covered container,
shake all dressing ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately, or cover and
refrigerate up to 24 hours.
In a large storage bag, put in the slaw,
and seal. Place the slaw into the ice chest.
When you get to your site, just unseal and put into a individual
paper or plastic bowls.