Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. and heavily butter a deep
9-inch pie pan.
1) In a small skillet, melt butter. Add
onions and cook over medium heat until clear. Remove from heat.
2) Peel and quarter potatoes. In batches,
place potatoes in food processor . Process until finely grated.
3) In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, onions,
salt, and pepper. Stir to mix.
4) Spoon into pie pan and press potatoes over
bottom and sides of the pan to form a shell. Sprinkle cheese
5) In a medium bowl, beat together milk, eggs,
mustard, salt, parsley, and Tabasco. Pour into shell.
6) Slide pie shell into oven and bake for 40 to
45 minutes or until set and golden brown.
You need to have potatoes finely
grated or they will not be completely tender when the pie is done.
Potatoes can be grated with a hand grater but you will find it is so
much easier in a food processor.
Page 1 of 1