Sweet Potatoes with Sugared Pecans
Prep Time: 45 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- Potatoes Ingredients:
- 4 - medium orange sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 2-inch
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 1 - Tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- Pecans Ingredients:
- 1 - Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 - cup chopped pecans
- 2 - teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 - cup sliced green onions
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine sweet potatoes and enough water to
- Cook over high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until water comes to a
boil. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
Cool slightly. Peel potatoes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 2-quart casserole.
- In a large bowl, place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon,
salt, and pepper.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon butter. Add pecans
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes
or until pecans are golden. Remove from heat.
- Just before serving, sprinkle potatoes with pecans and green
Page 1 of 1