Traditional Mashed Potatoes
4 - 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 - pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 5
- 3/4 - cup hot milk (1%, 2%, or whole milk)
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon black pepper
- Optional Add-Ins:
- 1/2 - cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 - Tablespoons freshly chopped parsley or dill
- Place potatoes in large pot and add enough water to cover
- Cook 13 to 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain potatoes in
- Return cooked potatoes to pot and stir over medium heat, about 1
minute, until excess water has evaporated.
- With potato masher, mash in hot milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Beat with wooden spoon until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Stir in any optional add-ins, if desired.
Page 1 of 1