Caramel Candied Sweet Potatoes
4 to 6 servings
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- 6 - medium (about 2 pounds) sweet potatoes or yams*
- 1/2 - cup Caramel Topping
- 2 to 3 - Tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- Scrub sweet potatoes, but do not peel.
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan; add just enough water to cover.
- Heat on medium high until water boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water and cool several minutes. Slip off skins. Cut into
1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Stir together caramel topping, orange juice and salt in 10-inch
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly
thickened and volume is reduced by about one third.
- Add sweet potatoes. Gently stir until glazed and hot. Garnish as
*2 cans (about 15 ounces each) sweet potatoes in syrup may be
substituted for the fresh sweet potatoes. Skip steps 1-5. Drain potatoes
and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Proceed as above.
Page 1 of 1