Sweet Potato Risotto
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
- 2 - Tablespoons dry white wine or
- 1/3 - cup chopped onion
- 1 - garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 - cup uncooked Arborio or other
- 1/2 - cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3-3/4 - cups chicken broth, warmed
- 2 - Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 - teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
Spray 3-quart nonstick saucepan with
- In your saucepan, you want to heat wine
to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and garlic in wine 3 to 4
minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in rice.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of the
- Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid
is completely absorbed.
- Stir in an additional 1/2 cup broth.
- Continue cooking about 20 minutes,
stirring constantly and adding broth 1/2 cup at a time after previous
additions have been absorbed, until rice is creamy and just tender;
remove from heat.
- Stir Parmesan cheese, rosemary, and