Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Killer Baked Beans
Prep time: 20 min.
Baking time: 1 hr.
- 1 - medium onion, chopped
- 2 - tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 - pound ground beef or bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 - can extra large Pork and Beans, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 - can (about 15 oz.) baby lima beans, drained
- 1 - can (about 15 oz.) butter beans, drained
- 1/2 - cup packed brown sugar
- 1 - can (10 oz.) diced tomato and green chilies, including juice
- 1/2 - cup ketchup
- 1/4 - cup mustard
- 1 - pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook onion in hot bacon grease in skillet until tender.
- Add beef or pork, beans, lima beans, butter beans, brown sugar
tomato, ketchup, and mustard.
- Adjust seasoning. Pour into large casserole.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F. for 1 hr. or until hot and bubbly.
Page 1 of 1