1981 In TV Trivia
What do you know about
1981 In TV?
this Year In TV Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end
of the page.
What ABC TV series begins on January 12 and stays on air until 1989?
- One Day at a Time
- Wheel of Fortune
2) On January 28, where was actor Elijah Wood born?
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Los Angeles, California
- Spokane, Washington
3) On February 20, Comedian Andy Kaufman
ruins sketches and starts a brawl live on the air during ABC's
4) On March 6, after a 19-year run, Walter
Cronkite resigns as head anchor of The CBS Evening News and is
succeeded the following Monday by Dan Rather.
long was Walter Cronkite’s head anchor of The CBS Evening News?
- 9 years
- 19 years
- 29 years
5) Van Halen's lead guitarist Eddie Van
Halen marries One Day at a Time actress Valerie Bertinelli.
When did they get married?
6) What TV series had an original
run from September 20, 1979 to April 16, 1981?
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
- Magnum, P.I.
7) On June 9, Allen Ludden (b. 1917), game
show host dies.
Who was his wife?
- Beatrice Arthur
- Rue McClanahan
- Betty White
8) What action/adventure television
program produced for ABC premieres on October 28?
- Candid Camera
- The Doctors
- The Fall Guy
9) On December 2, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, singer,
originally appeared on a version of The Mickey Mouse Club in the
US. Was born.
10) What TV Show premieres on CBS on December 4?
- Falcon Crest
- Search for Tomorrow
- Truth or Consequences