1971 In TV Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. What actress was born on April 12, 1971?
- Shannen Doherty
- Suze Steele
- Myra Dora
2. What long running variety show ends its run on June 6?
- The Ed Sullivan Show
- Steve Allen Show
3. On August 1, this variety show - premieres on CBS (1971-1974).
What is the show?
David and Marnie
- The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour
4. What is the sitcom that premieres January 12 on CBS?
Sanford and Son
5. ABC cancels the long running variety show on March 11. The show,
however, returns to the airwaves in syndication in September, where it
would run for another eleven years. What is the show?
The Ryan O�Neil Show
Make Room for Daddy
6. November - Top-rated As the World Turns loses the #1 slot
in the daytime Nielsens for the first time since 1959.
7. September 11 - The Osmonds premieres on ABC Saturday
8. May - CBS debuts its schedule for the fall 1971 season, and
cancels, in the words of Pat Buttram, "every show that had a tree
in it." Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, Mayberry
R.F.D., and Hee Haw all end production. The latter show
continued on for two decades in syndication.
9. On January 10, what long running series debuts on PBS?
The McNeil-Lowher Hour
10. What was the Gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on
the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966 to April 2, 1971.
The Mad Man