The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The Mary Tyler Moore Show is an television sitcom. Who did
created the show?
- James L. Brooks
- Allan Burns
- Carl Reiner
2. How many seasons did the show appear on air?
- 5 seasons
- 7 seasons
- 9 seasons
3. Mary Richards goes to work as associate producer for the Six
O'clock News on WJM-TV. Where is the TV station?
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Seattle, Washington
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
4. Mary Tyler Moore plays Mary Richards. What TV show did she play
- Ted Mack Amateur Hour
- Dick Van Dyke Show
- Andy Griffith Show
5. Following the end of the series, Ed Asner continued to play the
same character in the long-running dramatic series
This is one of the few times in TV history that a situation comedy spun
off a dramatic series.
6. Who plays Ted Baxter the vain, pompous, dim-witted news anchor.
- Ted Day
- Ted Knight
- Ted Baker
7. The head copy writer saves his quips for Ted Baxter's mangling of
his news reports, and Sue Ann Nivens' aggressive, man-hungry attitude.
Gavin MacLeod plays the head copy writer. What is the character's
- Bud Grant
- Murray Slaughter
- Jim Marshall
8. From 1970 - 1974, Mary's best friend and upstairs neighbor. She
eventually got her own spin-off series, which was also a success. Who
plays Rhoda Morgenstern?
- Morgan Evans
- Valerie Harper
- Alice Cummings
9. Phyllis Lindstrom (1970 - 1975), Mary's snobbish landlady; wife
(and later widow) of Dr. Lars Lindstrom and mother of Bess. She also
starred in her own (short-lived) spin-off series,
- Tina Fey
- Cloris Leachman
- Carole Wagner
10. By earning 29 Emmy Awards, the
Mary Tyler Moore Show set a
new record that was not broken until 2002. What TV series breaks the
record with its 30th Emmy?