Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Petticoat Junction is an American situation comedy produced by
Filmways, which originally aired on the CBS network from 1963 to 1970.
Set in the rural town of Hooterville, the show followed the goings-on at
the local hotel. What was the hotel's name?
- Shady Rest
- Tree Inn
- Boutime Hotel
2. Kate Bradley was the hotel's owner. Who played Kate?
- Irene Ryan
- Bea Benaderet
- Christine Thompson
3. Who played Uncle Joe that helped Kate at the hotel?
- Edgar Buchanan
- Mark Reynolds
- Martin Ryan
4. Much of the original focus of the show was on the Hooterville
Cannonball, a steam-driven train (serviced by the above-mentioned water
tower) run more like a taxi service by its engineer, Charley Pratt
(Smiley Burnette) and conductor, Floyd Smoot (Rufe Davis).
5. Another character was the unnamed canine companion of the sisters,
referred to simply as "dog". It was portrayed by
"Higgins." What character did the dog become as a movie star?
6. Who played Betty Jo?
- Linda Kaye Henning
- Martha Van Helton
- Jane Seymour
7. Who originally played Bobbie Jo?
- Pat Woodell
- Philyus Jones
- Mandy Marvelous
8. Who originally played Billie Jo?
- Jeannine Riley
- J.P. Morgan
- Park Overland
9. The original idea for
Petticoat Junction came from
Henning's wife, whose family ran a small hotel in Eldon, Missouri in the
early 20th century.
10. The character of handsome crop duster Steve Elliott (Mike Minor)
was added to the show at the start of its fourth season as a love
interest for eldest daughter Billie Jo. Who did Steve marry?
- Betty Jo
- Bobbie Jo
- Billie Jo