The Beverly Hillbillies
What do you know about The Beverly Hillbillies?
Alan's FUN TV Trivia quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. The Beverly Hillbillies is an American
television series about a hillbilly family transplanted to Beverly
Hills, California after finding oil on their Bug Tussle, AR land. A
Filmways production, the series aired on CBS from September 26, 1962, -
May 23, 1971 and comprises 274 episodes -- 106 in black-and-white
(1962-1965), and 168 in color (1965-1971).
2. The theme song "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" was written by producer and writer Paul Henning.
originally performed the theme song?
- Buck Owens
- Tobey Keith
- Flatt and Scruggs
3. It was ranked in the top ten most
watched prime time programs for two of its nine seasons.
4. Who played Jed Clampett?
- Buddy Ebsen
- Raymond Bailey
- Max Baer Sr.
5. What was "Granny's" name?
- Pearl Bodine
- Jane Hathaway,
- Daisy Moses
6. What was Jethro's relationship to Jed Clampett?
- Second cousins
- First cousin once removed
7. Who created The Beverly Hillbillies?
- J.D. Hayworth
- Paul Henning
- Roy Clark
8. What was Granny to Jed?
9. Buddy and his sister began their
entertaining careers as?
- Dance team
- Singing team
- Acting team
10. Who played Jane Hathaway?
- Nancy Grace
- Nancy Kulp
- Nancy Morgan