The Ed Sullivan Show
What do you know about The Ed Sullivan Show?
Alan's FUN TV Trivia quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
When did the Ed Sullivan Show first go on the air?
- June 6, 1947
- June 6, 1948
- June 20, 1948
2) What was the original title of the
- The Ed Sullivan Show
- Live from New York
- Toast of the Town
3) Who did NOT
appear on the first
- Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis
- Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein
- Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass
4) What day of the week did the show
appear live at 8 p.m.?
5) Who hosted the show the first time
Elvis appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show?
- Steve Allen
- Marlo Lewis
- Charles Laughton
6) The show was viewed by a record 60
million people which at the time was 82.6% of the television audience
and the largest single audience in television history.
7) Ed said "This is a real decent, fine
boy. We've never had a pleasanter experience on our show with a big name
than we've had with you.... You're thoroughly all right."
Who was he
- Paul McCartney
- Elvis Presley
- Jerry Lewis
8) In August 1955, who was the first Rock
& Roll performer to appear on The Ed Sullivan Show?
- Elvis Presley
- Johnny Cash
- Bill Haley and the Comets
9) The show's iconic status is
illustrated by a song from the 1960 musical,
Bye Bye Birdie. In A
song, a family of viewers expresses their regard for the program in
What is the song?
- Hymn for a Sunday Evening
- I Saw Her Watching
- Till Comes the Story
10) The last Ed Sullivan Show was
What day did it air?
- April 28, 1971
- March 28, 1971
- June 6, 1971