The Andy Griffith
What do you know about
The Andy Griffith Show
2? Try this Alan's FUN
TV Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) On February 15, 1960, Andy Griffith first appears as Sheriff Andy
Taylor of Mayberry, North Carolina. What is the show he appears on?
- I Love Lucy
- Phil and Glades
- Donna Reed Show
- Danny Thomas Show
2) Future players in The Andy Griffith Show, Frances Bavier
and Ron Howard, appears in the episode as townswoman, Henrietta Perkins,
and Sheriff Taylor's son, Opie.
3) The show's theme music, "The Fishin' Hole", is composed
by Earle Hagen and Herbert Spencer, with lyrics written by Everett
Sloane. Who performs the whistling in the opening sequence?
- Ry Coder
- Earle Hagen
- Andy Griffith
- Jim Nabors
4) Initially, Griffith plays Taylor as a heavy-handed country
bumpkin, grinning from ear to ear and speaking in a hesitant, frantic
manner. The style recalls that used in the delivery of his popular
monologues such as "What it Was, Was Football". He gradually
abandons the 'rustic Taylor' and develops a serious and thoughtful
5) Who is the show's sole sponsor?
- General Foods
- Proctor and Gamble
6) The show is filmed at Desilu Studios, with exteriors filmed at
Forty Acres in Culver City. Woodsy locales are filmed north of Beverly
Hills at Franklin Canyon.
7) Goober is known for his (bad) impressions of celebrities. He does
Cary Grant ("Judy Judy Judy"). Who is Goober?
- Avery Bundy
- Ben Kinchloe
- George Lindsey
- Bob Denver
8) The character 'Andy Taylor' is ranked #8 in TV Guide's list of the
"50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" (20 June 2004 issue).
is his rank?
9) The series is a moderate hit, never placing lower than seventeenth
in the Nielsen Ratings and ending its final season at number ten.
10) Along with Andy Griffith and Ron Howard, who does NOT
appear in all eight seasons?
- Francis Bavier
- Don Knotts
- Hope Summers
- Aneta Corsaut