The Pittsburgh Steelers: 1980 Season
What do you know about the
Pittsburgh Steelers: 1980 Season?
touchdown with this
Alan's FUN NFL Sports Quiz.
Your Answers" at the bottom of the page.
1) Week 1, Sunday September 7, 1980, the
Steelers played the Houston Oilers at Three Rivers Stadium,
Who scored the games first touchdown?
- Terry Bradshaw
- Franco Harris
- Sidney Thornton
2) Week 2, Sunday September 14, 1980 the
Steelers played the Baltimore Colts at Memorial Stadium. The
Steelers won 20–17.
Who kicked 2 PATs and 2 Field
Goals for the Steelers?
- Matt Bahr
- Len Dawson
3) Who beat the Steelers twice that
season on week 3 [30-28] and on week 6 [17-16]?
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Philadelphia Eagles
4) Week 7 was a Monday night, October 20, 1980
game against the Oakland Raiders at Three Rivers Stadium. The
Steelers lost 45–34.
Who was NOT
a member of the ABC broadcast team?
- Howard Cosell
- Don Meredith
- Merlin Olsen
5) On week 9, Sunday November 2, at Three
Rivers Stadium, the Steelers won 22–20. Who did they beat?
- Green Bay Packers
- Phoenix Cardinals
- St. Louis Rams
6) Week 14 (Thursday December 4, 1980): at
Houston Oilers at Astrodome, Houston, Texas. The Steelers
7) Week 16, the last regular season game was
another Monday Night, December 22, 1980 game at San Diego Stadium.
The San Diego Chargers won 26–17 and the Steelers ended the season
Who scored the last touchdown of the season?
- Bill Cowher
- Bennie Cunningham
- Rex Ryan
8) During the 1980 season, how many passing yards did
Terry Bradshaw have?
9) During the 1980 season, who lead the team in
receptions with 44?
- Lynn Swann
- Jim Smith
- Theo Bell
10) Franco Harris rushed 208 times for 789
yards during the 1980 season.