The Pittsburgh Steelers: 1933 Season
What do you know about the
Pittsburgh Steelers: 1933 Season?
touchdown with this
Alan's FUN NFL Sports Quiz.
Your Answers" at the bottom of the page.
The 1933 Pittsburgh Pirates was the first season of the team that
would eventually become the Pittsburgh Steelers. The team was
founded in the offseason after Pennsylvania relaxed its blue laws
that prior to 1933 prohibited sporting events from taking place on
Sundays, when most NFL games took place.
2) Art Rooney used his horse racing winnings to
pay the NFL a fee to join the league.
How much was the fee?
3) In 1933, who became the first coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers?
- Forrest Douds
- Manny Boggs
- John Anderson
- Michael Reagan
4) Where did the team play its home games in Pittsburgh?
- University of Pittsburgh Field
- Three Rivers Stadium
- Forbes Field
- Pitt Stadium
5) The team would take the field for the first
time on September 20 against the at home, losing 23-2. Who did they play?
- New York Giants
- Detroit Lions
- Chicago Bears
- Baltimore Colts
6) On September 27, 1933 they played the Chicago
Cardinals and won 14-13 at home. Martin Kottler scored
Pittsburgh's first touchdown?
7) Who was the teams first
- Joe Hollingsworth
- Bernard "Tony" Holm
- Walt Holmer
- Jay Arnold
8) Angie Brovelli scored the
team's first running
9) In their three wins, what was the highest scored by the
10) On October 15, 1933, Pittsburgh suffered
their worst loss 47-0.
Who beat them?
- Brooklyn Dodgers
- Green Bay Packers
- Cincinnati Reds
- Philadelphia Eagles