What do you know about Gunsmoke? Take this quick
FUN TV Westerns Trivia. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. The young 26-year-old actor got a lead in Gunsmoke. What was his character's name?
- Percy Crump
- Nathan Burke
- Quint Asper
- Ed O'Connor
2. What years was Burt Reynold a star on Gunsmoke?
- 1962 - 1965
- 1957 - 1960
- 1958 - 1961
- 1964 - 1967
3. Besides helping Marshall Dillon, what
was Burt's job in Gunsmoke?
4. What is Ken Curtis' birth name?
- Ken Gates Curtis
- William Curtis Gates
- Curtis Wain Gates
- Wain Kenneth Curtis
5. Before beginning his acting career,
he sang with what Big Band?
- Tommy Dorsey's band
- Jimmy Dorsey's band
- Glen Miller's band
- Gene Krupa's band
6. Ken appears in Gunsmoke several
times before becoming one of the lead characters. When did he first
- April 25, 1959
- January 31, 1959
- April 9, 1960
- December 8, 1962
7. Previous to starring in Gunsmoke,
Ken had one of the leads in another TV series. What was the series?
- High Tide
- Wagon's West
8. His father was a famous Western side
kick. What was his name?
- Smiley Burnette
- Dub "Cannonball" Taylor
- Rufe Davis
- Pat Butrum (sp)
9. When was the first time Dub appeared in Gunsmoke?
- March 1967
- February 1966
- September 1965
- December 1968
10. What year did Buck become one of the Gunsmoke stars?
11. Roger played Clayton Thaddeus "Thad"
Greenwood. What years did you have the role?
12. In 1961, Glenn began to play Sam
Noonan, Kitty's bartender at the Long Branch in 1961. He play the role
until 1973. He played in about 218 Westerns, most of the time the bad guy.
However, what did he do originally?
13. What was Glenn's nickname?
14. In the mid-1940's, Glenn worked in
another movie genre. What was it?
- Playing Singers
- Playing dancers
- Playing dead bodies
- Playing monsters
15. Who portrayed Marshall Matt Dillon on CBS
Radio's Gunsmoke (1952-1961)?
- William Conrad
- Robert Conrad
- James Arness
- Will Rogers Jr.