What do you know about James Stewart?
Take this quick FUN Westerns Trivia. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. What university did James Stewart attend?
- Princeton University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Harvard University
2. Who was NOT a roommate while working on Broadway in
New York City?
- Henry Fonda
- Joshua Logan
- Humphrey Bogart
3. What was Stewarts first western film?
- Destry Rides Again
- The Naked Spur
- How the West Was Won
4. During World War II, Stewart served with what military unit?
- United States Army Air Force
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marines
5. In what western film did Stewart play Lin
McAdam. He ends up
killing his brother Mathew.
- The Way of the West
- The Man from Denver
- Winchester '73
6. The twist-ending The Man from Laramie (with John Wayne), is a
classic "psychological" western, with Stewart featured as an
Eastern attorney who goes against his nonviolent principles when he is
forced to confront a psychopathic outlaw (played by Lee Marvin) in a
small frontier town.
7. What Western film follows Martha Price's (O'Hara) quest to fulfill
her deceased husband's dream of introducing Hereford cattle to the
- The Age of Cattle
- Bull Durham
- The Rare Breed
8. Stewart had a major role in John Wayne's final film,
(1976) where Stewart played a doctor giving Wayne's gunfighter a
terminal cancer diagnosis.
9. In the Western Cheyenne Autumn, Stewart played ____ _____. (Fill
in the blanks)
- Crazy Horse
- George Armstrong Custer
- Wyatt Earp
10. Stewart died at his home in Beverly Hills, of cardiac arrest and
a pulmonary embolism following a long illness from respiratory problems.
He had also suffered from Alzheimer's disease.
11. Where is James Stewart buried?
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Orange County Memorial Park Cemetery, Corona del Sol, California
- Indiana Memorial Cemetery, Indiana, Pennsylvania