What do you know about
Tim McCoy? Enjoy this
FUN Western Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers" at
the end of the quiz.
In 1922, he was asked by the head of Famous Players-Lasky, Jesse L. Lasky,
to provide Native American extras for the Western extravaganza. What was
- The Covered Wagon
- Coming Home
- Way West
2. Tim McCoy stars in the early film, released both silent and sound
versions. This Universal Pictures movie was a hit and proved people would
go to a sound Western. What is the film?
- Headin' North
- Hell's Heroes
- The Indians Are Coming
3. He had enlisted in the U.S. Army when America entered the World War
One. He was commissioned, eventually being posted as Adjutant General of
Wyoming, a position he held until 1921. What rank did he hold upon
4. In 1925, he appears in his first Western as Burn Hudnall is what
Zane Grey Western?
- The Thundering Herd
- Tonto Rim
5. The 52-year-old actor left Hollywood to become an officer in the Air
Force during World War Two. What was his last film before leaving for war?
- West of the Law
- The Texas Marshal
- Arizona Gangbusters
6. In which McCoy Western does he put on an outlaw appearance to hunt
down a band of counterfeiters?
- Phantom Gold
- The Phantom Ranger
- Prairie Moon
7. In this movie, the heroine is being forced off her ranch. McCoy as
Tim Hanlon comes to her rescue. However, instead of staying with the
leading lady, he rides off to cleanse himself of the killings forced upon
- Justice of the Range
- The Lawless Range
- The Man from Guntown
8. McCoy hosted a television show in Los Angeles in the 1952, called
"The Tim McCoy Show", for children on weekday afternoons and
Saturdays in which he provided authentic history lessons on the Old West
showing old western movies.
9. Rode several horses with different names during his long career. In
his earlier films he rode a snow-white horse named "Pal". In the
"Rough Riders" series he mounted a black stallion called
"Baron" and (later) "Ace".
10. In 1965, he appears as Judge Irving Short in this Western. What is
- Requiem for a Gunfighter
- Hired Gun
- Arizona Gunman
11. Where is Tim McCoy buried?
- Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Los Angeles, California
- Mount Olivet Cemetery, Saginaw, Michigan
- Highland Cemetery, Great Falls, Montana