The Virginian (1929)
is a 1929 film based upon the novel by Owen Wister.
What do you know about the movie, The
Virginian (1929)? Try this Western Films Fun Trivia quiz.
You'll find the answers at the bottom of the page.
1) Who directed the first sound Virginian movie?
- Victor Fleming
- Cecile B. DeMille
- John Ford
2) Who was the production company?
- Paramount Pictures
- 21st Century Fox
3) What was the run time of this film?
4) As in the novel and the play that the movie is based on,
the Virginian's name is never mentioned.
5) In this movie, what ranch was The Virginian the foreman?
6) Who played Molly Stark Wood the schoolteacher?
- Mary Brian
- Helen Ware
- Betty Reid
7) Who played the Virginian?
- Clark Gable
- Tom Mix
- Gary Cooper
8) Walter Huston played Trampas.
9) Who said, "With a gun against my belly, I - I
10) What future western movie icon, from Virginia, was
hired as a dialect coach to teach Gary Cooper a Virginia
accent, and also has a small non-speaking part in the film.
- James Stewart
- James Drury
- Randolph Scott