Apache is a 1948 western film directed by John Ford and
starring John Wayne and Henry Fonda. The film was the first of
the director's "cavalry trilogy" and was followed by
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) and Rio Grande
(1950), both starring Wayne.
What do you know about the Western Fort Apache? Try
this Western Film FUN Trivia quiz?
1. The Fort Apache fort, built for this production, stood
for years. It was reused in dozens of productions, most
notably the TV series "The Adventures of Rin Tin
Tin" (1954). It was located at the Corriganville Movie
Ranch in Simi Valley, California. Today it is possible to
visit this location, as it is now administered as a City Park
in Simi Valley.
2. The plot for this movie was loosely based on Custer's
Last Stand with Lt. Col. Owen Thursday as Custer and
substituting Apaches for the Sioux. The cover-up by the
survivors and the military of Thursday's blunder is in line
with the cover up of Custer's mistakes and deliberate
disobedience of his orders at Little Big Horn. Who plays Lt.
Col. Owen Thursday?
- John Agar
- John Wayne
- Henry Fonda
3. In the film what American Indians played Apaches?
4. Lieutenant Michael Shannon O'Rourke played by John Agar.
Who played his father Sergeant Major Michael O'Rourke?
- Jack Pennick
- Grant Withers
- Ward Bond
5. Shirley Temple played Philadelphia Thursday. He love
interest in the film was Lt. O'Rourke. At the time, who was
- John Agar
- Charles Alden Black
- Ray Hyke
6. When there is unrest among the Indians, led by Cochise,
Thursday ignores York's advice to treat the natives with honor
and that the problems are caused by corrupt Indian agents. Who
- Arnold Stang
- Felipe Lopez
- Miguel Inclan
7. Who does George O'Brien play in the movie?
- Capt. Sam Collingwood
- Major Mac Allshard
- Captain Jack Steele
8. Who plays Sgt. Quincannon in Fort Apache?
- Dick Foran
- Johnny Mack Brown
- Bob Steele
9. Who does Victor McLaglen play in the film?
- Sgt. Festus Mulcahy
- Sqt. Magnus Snow
- Sqt. Robert McVee
10. When Capt York reports to Lt. Col. Thursday at the
NCO's dance, he says that Cochise and his people have crossed
the Rio Bravo back to American soil. This movie takes place in
Arizona, there is no river separating Arizona from Mexico. The
Rio Bravo (Rio Grande in US) separates only Texas and no other
states from Mexico.