World War II Trivia Q&A
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
It is April 1, Allies continue to squeeze the Germans into the
corner of Tunisia; the seaport of Sfax is bombed. When will it be
- April 10
- April 15
- April 20
2. Axis leaders come together at Salzburg, mostly for the
purpose of propping up Mussolini's fading morale. Who is NOT
3. On April 7, what country declares war on Germany, Japan,
- South Pacific
4. The Red Army attacks in an attempt to free all of the
Crimea of German forces on April 8; they take Kerch in the East on
the 11th, and the Germans retreat westward to Sevastopol.
5. The last units of the Afrika Korps surrender. On April 12.
Where in Africa?
6. What air forces makes a heavy bombing raid on Stuttgart on
7. Who is the high ranking Japanese admiral shot down on April
18, by American P38's over Bougainville, while he was on an
- Admiral Yamamoto
- Admiral Suzuki
- Admiral Matsui
8. On April 18, The "Palm Sunday massacre": large
numbers of German troop-transport aircraft are shot down before
reaching Tunisia, where they were to pick up the isolated German
9. On April 19, new German army units sent in to fight the
Jewish Resistance. Where is the resistance?
10. On April 28, Allies attempt to close the mid-Atlantic gap
in the war against the U-boats with satellites.
- True or False?