World War II Trivia Q&A
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
On June 1, Japanese midget subs enter a harbor and sink one
support ship; fears of invasion grow. What is the harbor?
2. Also, on June 1, what country declares war on Germany,
Italy, and Japan?
3. On June 4: The Battle of Midway begins; The Japanese attack
installations on the island, but fail to detect nearby American
carriers. What battle begins?
- Battle of the Philippines
- The Battle of Midway
- The Iwo Jima Battle
4. On June 5, the United States declares war on Bulgaria,
Hungary, and Romania.
5. A young Jewish girl in Amsterdam, receives a diary for her
thirteenth birthday on June 12. Who is the girl?
- Alice Walker
- Myra Dura
- Anne Frank
6. A scientific project is started on June 18. It begins a
scientific approach to nuclear weapons. What is the project?
- Oak Ridge
- Los Alamos
7. German forces recapture Tobruk on June 21, with 35,000 men
captured; the road to Egypt is now open as the British retreat
deep into Egypt. Tobruk's loss is a grievous blow to British
morale. German land forces have been assisted by Luftwaffe
attacks. What were he German Forces known as?
- Afrika Korps
- Hitler’s Henchmen
- Rommel’s Raiders
8. Who is the American general that arrives in London on June
25, ready to assume the post of Commander of American forces in
- General Marshall
- General Mark Clark
- General Eisenhower
9. On June 27, a doomed convoy sets sail from Iceland; only 11
of 37 ships will survive. What is the convoy’s name?
10. Who reaches El Alamein on June 30?