World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. It was January 1, 1945: The Germans begin a surprise
offensive Operation Nordwind along the Saar River. What city do
they aim to retake?
2. It was January 2, 1945: The Japanese increasingly use what
tactics against the US naval forces?
- Dive Bombers
- Human torpedoes
3. It was January 3, 1945: The Allies take the offensive east
of the Bulge but they fail to close the pincers (which might have
surrounded large numbers of Germans) with Patton's tanks.
4. It was January 9, 1945: Americans land on the central
island of the Philippines. What is the island?
5. It was January 12, 1945: The first convoy moves on the Ledo
road in northern Burma, linking India and China. What did the
Americanís call the road?
- Stilwell Road
- Route 66 Asia
- Scottís Route
6. It was January 17, 1945: What was the concentration camp is
liberated by Soviet troops?
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt was sworn in as President (his fourth
term). Harry Truman is sworn in as Vice President. What was the
- January 20, 1945
- January 25, 1945
- January 30, 1945
8. It was January 25, 1945: Where does the American navy bombard in
preparation for invasion?
9. It was January 31, 1945: Soviets cross the Oder River into
Germany. How many miles are they away from Berlin?
- Less than 50 miles
- Less than 75 miles
- Less than 100 miles
10. It was January 31, 1945: The whole Burma Road is now
opened as the Ledo Road linkage with India is complete.